Jamaica Estates is known for its tree-lined streets, convenient location and highly-regarded schools. It is also known for its high real estate price tags. How can buyers on a budget afford to own property in this beloved neighborhood? Jamaica Estates condos might be the answer.
If you haven’t considered condo living in Queens, it’s time to add a few Jamaica Estates condos to your must-see list. If you’re still not convinced, allow us to shed some light on the benefits of condo life:
- You’ll own a piece of Jamaica Estates real estate, often for less than a single-family home.
- You’ll have access to amenities that might be scarce in other types of urban housing.
- You will be responsible for interior maintenance, but exterior and common area maintenance will probably be included in your monthly association fee.
- While we can’t guarantee your safety, many condos are equipped with common-area security surveillance systems.
City dwellers are busy enough. As urbanites ourselves, we have to admit that it’s nice to come home to certain conveniences. As you browse condos for sale, prioritize your amenities. If you need some inspiration, here is a list of amenities that you might find in Jamaica Estates condos:
- A doorman.
- Fitness facilities.
- On-site or in-unit laundry.
- Private terraces.
Keep in mind that the more amenities that a condo offers, the higher the association fee. You will need to balance your finances with your list of must-haves so that you don’t bust your housing budget!
Crunching the Numbers
Are Jamaica Estates condos more affordable than single-family homes? That depends on your budget, the size of the homes you are looking at and the condo’s monthly association fee.
To give you an idea, a three-bedroom/two-bathroom home in Jamaica Estates is currently listed at $899,000. A two-bedroom/two-bathroom condo is listed at $529,000 with a $366 monthly association fee.