As the popular saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” In the real estate world, we call these first impressions “curb appeal,” and they are an important part of staging your home to sell.
In urban enclaves like Jamaica Estates, you have limited space to make a visual impact. Your welcome mat might be your only chance to wow potential buyers before they set foot in your house. If you are planning to sell a piece of Jamaica Estates real estate, here are five simple ways to make buyers want to step inside your home:
1. Update your welcome mat. We already mentioned that this might be one of the only tools you have to make your Jamaica Estates real estate shine. If you want your entrance to say “Come inside,” then a clean, bright mat is a good first step.
2. Clean and paint your front door. First, wipe away all of the stray dirt and random coffee splashes. If your front door paint is faded, swipe on an appealing color. While you’re at it, clean the trim around the door and paint it in a complementary color.
3. Maintain your lawn. If you are lucky enough to have a little green space in your piece of Jamaica Estates real estate, make sure that the lawn is mowed and the weeds are controlled. In the winter, don’t forget to shovel and salt your walkways.
4. Add a decorative element to your front door. If you adorn your front door with a wreath or a whimsical sign, it’s like upgrading a so-so outfit with the perfect piece of jewelry.
5. Pay attention to your interior foyer. OK, maybe you don’t exactly have a foyer in your one-bedroom condo. You can still create a welcoming entrance with an indoor/outdoor rug, small table, coat rack and a pretty plant (artificial works fine).
While your Jamaica Estates real estate might not have a curb to make appealing, you can still create that all-important first impression on potential buyers. Contact Jamaica Estates Realty for more inspiration!
Call us today at (718) 380-5000 today or email us here to learn more.