Looking To Sell in Jamaica Estates: A Breakdown of the Costs
If you are looking to sell in Jamaica Estates, there’s no doubt that you’re seeing dollar signs in your future. After all, Jamaica Estates is one of the most beloved communities in Queens!
We are confident that you will be happy with the result, but we don’t want you to face any unpleasant surprises on the road to real estate success. That’s why we need to let you in on a little secret.
If you want to sell, you’ll need to pay.
That’s right. If you are looking to sell in Jamaica Estates, you’ll need to make sure you have your financial ducks in a row to support the cost of selling your home. Be an informed seller and expect these costs to crop up on your journey:
- Staging. A well-staged home sells better. Did you know that there are professionals who make a living doing this? You don’t have to hire one, but you might consider it if your home hasn’t had a facelift in awhile.
- Repairs. Whether it’s a new door handle or a new roof, you will probably need to fix something before you hand your keys to the buyer. Talk to your real estate agent to determine what you should proactively address and what can wait until negotiations begin.
- Commissions. Real estate agents work tirelessly for their clients. In the majority of transactions, the seller pays the commissions for both agents. This amounts to approximately 6% of the sale price.
- Closing costs. While these are mostly the buyer’s burden to bear, those who are looking to sell in Jamaica Estates might not get off scot-free. Closing costs are often used as a negotiation tool to seal the deal.
- Relocation costs. Moving isn’t cheap. Don’t forget to budget for storage facilities, professional movers, supplies and the costs of making your new digs move-in ready.
Is the cost of selling a little overwhelming? If you are looking to sell in Jamaica Estates, we can help! Get in touch with Jamaica Estates Realty today to learn how to make the most money from your sale.
Contact us today at (718) 380-5000 today or email us here to learn more.